Thursday, January 24, 2013

What do prominent scientist & thinkers of our time have to say about TVP, TZM, etc.

It's been a while since I've been wondering: if the main proposal of TVP is to use the scientific method to solve social problems, then why is it that no prominent scientists/thinkers have been drawn to support it publicly?

Anyone has any thought on this?

Supposing some of those people are even aware of TVP: what is it that prominent scientists & thinkers of our time see that most of us don't about the flaws of the proposals of TVP?

Those people are really smart, so I think it would be nice to hear a strong attack from scientists and thinkers on those flaws.

As of today I haven't read or heard of any recognized intellectual associating himself with TVP, there must be a reason, other than not being aware of it, right?

Please let me know if have any useful information on why TVP has almost no support from the scientific community.

2 comments:

  1. Here is what Richard Stallman has to say:
    http://stallman.org/articles/zeitgeist.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Richard's argument: "...exhortations to wisdom will not suffice."

    That being said, I still believe there's a lack of public support/attacks from prominent and influential scientists. People like Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Neil Tyson, the people from The Science Network, etc.

    I have no idea if this is because of lack of awareness, or just is not that easy to find the opinions of those people on the internet.

    I once read that some guys at TZM tried to contact Professor David Susuki but his response was that he disagreed so much with the ideas that he didn't feel it worth his time. IMHO, that's not the attitude you would expect from someone is trying to promote the use of science and reason. To dismiss the case for TZM or TVP just from reading the introductory material. But I guess I do understand his point about dismissing accumulated knowledge, though I think not all of the accumulated knowledge is worth keeping. (http://zeitgeistvancouver.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&id=2156&catid=66&Itemid=2)

    Anyways, I would like to bring the ideas from TVP to this people, only I'm not sure how... if you have any ideas please let me know.

    ReplyDelete